For the Terms of Service of the Vintro™ Procurement platform, and for any defined terms herein, see: Terms.
Collection And Use Of Your Personal Information
Vintro, or where relevant a service provider designated by Vintro, collects personal information that you choose to provide or we receive from other sources. This may include personal information you provide upon participating in activities on the Site, contacting us, expressing an interest in obtaining information, registering, or otherwise through the Site, on third-party websites and applications when subscribing digitally to Vintro, otherwise through registering for our services and products, through requesting certain Vintro services or products, by submitting the information to enter a contest, or other promotion or otherwise offline.
We and service providers designated by Vintro, may obtain the following types of personal information in connection with the Site:
- Name, email address, postal address, account names and passwords, or other contact information
- Signature, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, or other similar identifiers
- Professional, industry, employment-related, or education information, including, inter alia, job titles and job applications, background or credit checks, purchase history and financial information, past and present associates
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, inter alia, URLs, browsing history, app usage, search history, preferences, and information regarding a user’s interaction (including reading habits) with an internet website, application, advertisement
- Demographic information
- Social media login data where you elect to register using social media account details
- Payment data and billing information, payment instrument details (including, inter alia, credit card number) and security information associated therewith or other financial information
- Device data such as, inter alia, device ID and hardware specification, operating system, system configuration, application and browser type and identification numbers, internet or mobile service provider, internet protocol (IP) address and proxy servers
If you choose to link social media or other third-party accounts to our services, we may obtain personal information from these sources. You may restrict or disconnect this link at any time by visiting your account page on these third-party platforms or the settings page of your mobile device.
We use this information for carefully considered purposes which also benefit our customers and which include, inter alia, some or all of the following:
- to provide and facilitate our services and products
- to operate our services, products, and systems properly and diligently including, inter alia, the management of user accounts
- to communicate with you and enable and support user-to-user communication
- to post testimonials
- to help Vintro and its third party service providers improve, upgrade, or enhance our services and products and develop and communicate new services and products
- to provide support for our services and products,
- to maintain the security, quality and safety of services and products, and for internal quality control purpose including debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality or security
- to provide you with, and administer, offers, promotions and marketing communication about services and products of Vintro or of other parties that may be of interest to you, prize draws or competitions, and personalized content
- to enhance your experience with the Site, including to save your preferences and login information, providing customized content or contextual advertisements, and providing tailored advertisements
- to analyze website usage, analyze use of the Site, analyze and measure ad impressions, and to protect the interests, rights, safety, or property of Vintro, users or others, to monitor compliance with and enforce the terms of any agreement with Vintro and keep Vintro and the users free from harm
- to advertise, promote or market the Vintro Marketplace or the relevant third party service providers or to otherwise market or commercialise such information, data or metadata to or through third parties
- to monitor to detect security incidents and protect against unethical, malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and hold those responsible for that activity to account
- to investigate and respond to legal requests, prevent harm, enforce our terms and conditions and policies and to comply with legal and regulatory requirements
Vintro or a designated service provider may also take photographs and video at Vintro offices and premises for security and other internal or business purposes.
Vintro and the parties with whom we work (e.g., service providers, business partners, advertisers, ad technology providers and advertising servers) may place, view, and/or use “cookies”, web server logs, web beacons, pixels or other electronic technologies to collect statistical and other information about you and your use of the Site. This information may include, inter alia, information about the IP address of your computer, browser type, language, operating system, your mobile device, device ID, geolocation data, the state or country from which you accessed the Site services, the webpages visited, the date and the time of a visit, the websites you visited immediately before and after visiting the Site, the number of links you click within the Site, the functions you use on the Site, the databases you view and the searches you request on the Site, the types of articles you read, the data you save on or download from the Site and the number of times you view an advertisement.
Vintro and the parties with whom we work may use the information collected for various purposes, either on behalf of Vintro or for the other parties’ own purposes, including research, analysis, to better serve visitors to the Site (such as, inter alia, by enabling log-in, providing access to certain sections of the Site, providing customized content or customized contextual advertisements, or presenting online advertising on the Site or other websites or apps tailored to your interests as described further below), to compile aggregate and anonymous information about usage of the Site and other websites or apps, other statistics, etc. However, if you have deleted and disabled cookies, these uses will not be possible to the extent they are based on the cookie information disabled.
Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to disable cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. Likewise, most mobile devices also allow you to disable the ability for geo-location information to be collected from your mobile device. The help function on most browsers and devices contains instructions on how to set your browser to notify you before accepting cookies, disable cookies entirely, or disable the collection of geo-location data. You need to set each browser, on each device you use to surf the Web or access the Sites, Services or apps. Thus, if you use multiple browsers (e.g., Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.), you should repeat this procedure with each one. Similarly, if you connect to the Web from multiple devices (e.g., work and home), you need to set each browser on each device. Depending on your jurisdiction, you may be able to utilize additional cookie management tools. However, if you disable certain cookies or refuse to accept a request to place a cookie, it is possible that some parts of the Site, Services or apps, such as, inter alia, the polls, surveys, contests, and product sales, and certain areas of the Site or Services for which you need to log in, will not function properly, and advertising you receive when you visit the Site may not be advertisements tailored to your interests.
Some third party websites and platforms also allow you to manage the collection and use of your information for advertising purposes. Google Ad Manager, Google Analytics for Display Advertising, and other designated service providers assist Vintro with advertisement display functions and related analytics for the Site. To opt out of tailored advertising from Google tracking technologies, please click here.
Note that even if you exercise choice for targeted advertising, you will still receive online advertising.
Disclosure Of Your Personal Information
Vintro may also disclose your personal information to unaffiliated third parties if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to: (a) comply with any applicable law, rule, or regulation, or in response to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process, subject to Vintro’s Law Enforcement Data Request Statement; (b) protect the interests, rights, safety, or property of Vintro, users or others; (c) monitor compliance with and enforce any terms of service on the Site; (d) provide our Services and products as may be operated from time to time (including allowing a purchaser of Vintro or a Vintro division to continue to serve you); (e) perform other activities related to the Site, Services and products, including, inter alia, billing and collection; (f) provide you with offers, promotions or advertisements from Vintro; or (g) operate the systems that provide the Site, our Services and products properly.
The collection, further use, and/or disclosure of your information by Third-Party Providers or by other third parties is not the responsibility of Vintro. Rather, such collection, use, and/or disclosure is governed by the third parties’ privacy policies.
Accuracy, Security, And Retention Of Your Personal Information
Any personal information you provide to Vintro is kept on secure servers. Vintro uses security measures appropriate to the provision of the relevant product or service, such as reasonable administrative, technical, personnel, and physical measures (a) to safeguard personal information against loss, theft, unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification; and (b) to ensure the integrity of the personal information. To help us protect your privacy, you should maintain the secrecy of the logon ID and password you may have set up in connection with your participation in the Site’s services. Personal information is retained for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it is collected, including legitimate business reasons, and/or as permitted or required by applicable laws and regulations. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to keep information secure, no electronic transmission, storage technology or devices connected to the internet can be considered fully secure from the continually evolving threat and effort of hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties to defeat such security measures and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify such information.
When we will not continue to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, where this is not possible (e.g., because such information has been stored on backup servers), we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from further processing until deletion is possible.
Rights With Respect To Your Personal Information
For inquiries about your personal information, please contact us by clicking here. While Vintro will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your request, we also reserve the right to impose certain restrictions and requirements on such requests, if allowed or required by applicable laws. Please note that it may take some time to process your request, consistent with applicable law.
Your European Economic Area (“EEA”), Switzerland, and United Kingdom (“UK”) Privacy Rights
In addition, if you are a resident in the EEA or in the UK accessing the Site and Services lawfully and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here:
In addition, if you are a resident in Switzerland accessing the Site and Services lawfully the contact details for your data protection authorities are available here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html
Your California Privacy Rights
- certain information about our collection, use, sale, or disclosure of your personal information
- deletion of your personal information collected or maintained by us
- to opt-out of the sale of your personal information
You also have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment for exercising these rights.
If you choose to exercise these rights, we ask you to provide sufficient information, including the products and services you have used in the past, your state and country of residence, and contact information, in order for us to verify your identity and process your request. Depending on the types of requests, additional information may be requested.
You may use an authorized agent to submit a request on your behalf related to your personal information. If you choose to use an authorized agent, you should supply your agent with written permission to act on your behalf in relation to your request, and your agent must provide us with proof of such authorization before we process your request.
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by Vintro to its affiliates and/or third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
To make such a request, please send an email with your first name, last name, mailing address, email address and telephone number to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “California Privacy Rights” in the Subject line of your email.
You may also make such a request by writing to us at:
The Krowd Inc., dba Vintro
420 N Wabash Ave, 5th Floor
Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Transfer Of Your Personal Information To Other Countries
We implement appropriate safeguards, which may include, inter alia, European Commission standard data protection measures, to protect your personal information that is transferred between our group companies and between us and our third party providers. Vintro’s Intra-Group Personal Data Protection Statement provides additional information about the transfer (if any) of personal information from the EU, EEA and Switzerland (collectively, “EU”), or the United Kingdom, in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and UK GDPR, to the United States.
Links To Third-Party Services
Vintro may provide links or access to third-party websites or other digital properties, including social networking websites. Since we do not control third-party digital properties and are not responsible for any information you may provide while on such digital properties, we encourage you to read the privacy policies on those websites before providing any of your information on such digital properties.
You can also contact us by post to:
The Krowd Inc., dba Vintro
420 N Wabash Ave, 5th Floor
Chicago, IL 60611, USA